CIQS Job Bank:
Senior Estimator (Alberici Constructors, Ltd.) Burlington, ON
- Senior Estimator
- Burlington, Ontario
Alberici Constructors, Ltd. is part of Alberici Corporation, a $2.6-billion North American construction firm recently ranked 31st largest General Contractor in Engineering News Record.
Operating in the Canadian construction industry since 1908, Alberici has served countless communities through the development of infrastructure, food manufactories and energy centers amongst others. At Alberici, we are proud of the quality of life our buildings bring to families throughout North America. Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work we do improves the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici -- where tomorrow gets built today.
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Alberici is searching for a Senior Estimator - Civil to manage the estimating process for assigned projects or for portions of a project requiring special expertise. The Senior Estimator is accountable for the quality of the work prepared under their direction. The Senior Estimator must make every effort to satisfy the needs of the Client with respect to each estimate/bid. They must develop and maintain strong relationships with Suppliers and Subcontractors. The Senior Estimator may assign duties and responsibilities to estimators working on specific projects. The Senior Estimator is accountable for the estimators and the procedures used in preparing an estimate/bid. The Senior Estimator is also responsible for assistance in the development of estimators and procedures used in the estimating process.
This position requires occasional travel to project sites and supports a variety of market segments including, but not limited to, water treatment, heavy industrial, industrial process, food and beverage, and civil.
Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include some of the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and maintains an extensive network of subcontractors, vendors and Architect/ Engineering firms
- Meets and establishes relationships with subcontractors, clients, owners, in conjunction with Business Development
- Manages the estimating process, including site conditions, safety requirements, solicit suppliers and subcontractors, interprets project drawings and specifications, prepares quantity surveys, pricing of estimates, and prepares pricing of General & Special Conditions cost estimate
- Works with the owner and owner’s consultants to resolve any questions or ambiguities with the tender documents prior to submitting a tender
- Performs complex take-offs
- Provides assistance to management for risk analysis
- Directs and monitors progress of estimators during bid process
- Works closely with the assigned Operations Director in the development of the project execution plan
- Prepares preliminary construction schedules, and/or assists the Scheduler with schedule development
- Attends meetings, including pre-tender, bid strategy, PRC, pricing review and subcontractor scope review meetings as needed, to meet the requirements of the estimating process
- Researches the labour requirements for the project
- Obtains labour rates and appropriate “add-ons” (e.g. labour burdens, small tools, insurances, bonding) in pricing of the estimate
- Prepares for Bid Day and assists the Chief Estimator as required with performing subcontractor/supplier bid analysis, assignment of Bid Day tasks to Estimators, etc.
- Assists in the development of “win” strategy
- Participates in turnover meetings to operations and buy-out process on successful bids
- Negotiates and awards sub-trade contracts
Skills and Competencies
Candidates must have the skills and experience to develop winning strategies, interpret complex engineering documents, perform conceptual and detailed estimates, and assist in the development of staffing and schedule approaches. The candidate must also have a firm understanding of a variety of delivery methods as well as associated preconstruction services.
Qualified candidates for the role will possess detailed knowledge of union collective agreements, as well as company insurance and bonding requirements. Highly proficient in estimating tools/processes.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent plus 5 to 10 years related experience.
- C.E.T, Gold Seal Certification in Estimating and/or Project Management is preferred.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
**Alberici is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for individuals with disabilities will be made upon request throughout the Recruitment process.
How to Apply for This Position
- Visit www.alberici.com/careers
Release Date: 2020-09-16|
Expiry Date: 2020-12-15