RICS & CIQS 6th Annual Construction and Project Management Seminar | Thursday, November 15, 2018
The construction industry is facing skills shortages, productivity problems and concerns about sustainability and safety. This is directly impacting the quality, speed and cost of delivering projects in accordance with expectations. The industry is increasingly turning to offsite and modular construction where much of the “building” takes place in a controlled factory environment with the finished product being transported to the project site.
This seminar will explore the following:
- What are the traditional construction approaches adopted by the industry?
- What are the existing faster/cheaper alternatives used and how successful are they?
- What are the recent and emerging solutions and what benefits do they offer?
- What is an example of a case study of a successful project using off-site construction?
- What is the value proposition of off-site construction, with examples of costing?
- What are the challenges/hurdles in adopting and how are they overcome?