Call for Presenters – Congress 2020
July 9-11, 2020 | Winnipeg, Manitoba
We are seeking dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable presenters for the 2020 Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors Congress.
|Vision 2020 – The Future of Quantity Surveying|
|Friday July 10 – Saturday July 11, 2020|
The primary conference audience consists of multiple levels of professional quantity surveyors, from entry-level cost consultants to senior level managers and corporate executives. Entrepreneurs and educators will also be in attendance. Technical session content should be geared to a level that is appropriate for the target audience.
Proposals are solicited for 45-minute, 60-minute or 90-minute presentations that are creative, dynamic, and feature best practices. The presentation timeframe will include introductions, presentation material, and a question and answer session. Attendees should leave with specific knowledge and skills about various aspects of the topic and how it relates to their future development. Presentations should provide attendees with educational value and refrain from promoting a specific business, product, or service.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Future of Quantity Surveying
- Emerging Technologies
- International Construction Measurement Standards
- Notable Local Infrastructure Projects
- Sustainable Construction
- Real Estate Development – Emerging Trends, Economics and Opportunities
- Adjudication and Prompt Payment
- Public Private Partnerships (P3 Projects) or Alternative Contracting Methods
- Skills for Career and Professional Development
- Promoting or Building Your Firm / Business Development in Construction
- Human Resources – Recruiting / Retraining / The Changing Workplace
If you have an industry topic that is leading edge and within the areas of focus but is not on the list above, we encourage you to submit your idea for special consideration.
All abstracts must be submitted via email to: email@example.com by January 15, 2020 using the subject line “2020 CIQS Congress Abstract”.
Abstract Guidelines (in word or pdf format)
- Proposed topic of presentation
- Proposed title of presentation
- Brief description of what the core content will include
- Format of presentation (panel, workshop, power point)
- Previous presentation experience
- Highlights of key takeaways for participants
- Expected length of presentation (allow for question time)
Presenters are encouraged to attach a photograph and a bio at the time abstracts are submitted. Bios are limited to a maximum of 150 words. The goal of the presenter bio is to provide us with a high-level view of your career and your major accomplishments. Photographs and presenter bios will be included in our marketing materials.
Bio Guidelines (in word or pdf format)
- Full name, current job title and organization’s name
- Description of your role in the organization and the products/services it provides
- Highlights from your career as it relates to your current position
- Key civic activities and personal interests
- Degrees, certifications, awards, honors and authored publications
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
- Cropped head to shoulder in a medium close up shot
Company Logo Guidelines
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
Submitting the Full Presentation
PowerPoint Presentations should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “2020 CIQS Presentation (Your Name)”:
- Full Presentations should be submitted no later than July 03, 2020.
- Presentations should be saved with the following naming convention: Current Year, Underscore, Presentation Title, Underscore, First Initial and Last Name.
FEES & PRESENTER BENEFITS
As a presenter for the 2020 CIQS Congress your conference registration for the day of your presentation (Friday or Saturday) is complimentary (up to two tickets per presentation). The registration includes access to the full day of technical presentations, breakfast, lunch and refreshments. A discounted full registration will be available to speakers if they wish to attend the entire congress.
Additional benefits include access to the CIQS discounted room rates. CIQS does not pay presenters a honorarium or speaker fee. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
TECHNICAL SESSION FORMATS
A variety of technical presentation formats are desirable at the conference and may include lecture format, panel presentation, or roundtable discussions. Handouts may be appropriate, depending on the complexity of the topic. Presenters are responsible for providing copies of workshop handouts and any additional equipment that will be used during presentation. Playback of PowerPoint presentations will be available for use during the technical sessions.
- Abstract Submission Due: January 15, 2020
- Acceptance Sent: February 05, 2020
- Full Presentation Due: July 03, 2020