CIQS Congress 2019 – Call for Presenters
Hilton Quebec – Quebec City, QCFriday, July 26, 2019Conference Theme: 60th Anniversary Celebration
We are seeking dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable presenters for the 2019
Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors Congress Conference Day.
The primary conference audience consists of multiple levels of professional quantity surveyors, from entry-level cost consultants to senior level managers and corporate executives. Entrepreneurs and educators will also be in attendance. Technical session content should be geared to a level that is appropriate for the target audience.
Proposals are solicited for 45-minute – 90 minutes presentations that are creative, dynamic, and feature best practices. The presentation timeframe will include introductions, presentation material, and a question and answer session. Attendees should leave with specific knowledge and skills about various aspects of the topic and how it relates to their future development. Presentations should provide attendees with educational value and refrain from promoting a specific business, product, or service.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- The International Construction Measurement Standards Coalition (ICMS) – 2nd Edition – Lifecycle Costing
- BIM and BIM Technology
- Adjudication and Prompt Payment
- Emerging Technologies
- Notable Local Infrastructure Projects
- Sustainable Construction
- Real Estate Development – Emerging Trends, Economics and Opportunities
- Public Private Partnerships (P3 Projects)
- Skills for Career and Professional Development
If you have an industry topic that is leading edge and within the areas of focus but is not on the list above, we encourage you to submit your idea for special consideration.
All abstracts must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019, using the subject line “2019 CIQS Congress Abstract”.
Abstract Guidelines (in word or pdf format)
- Proposed topic of presentation
- Proposed title of presentation
- Brief description of what the core content will include
- Highlights of key takeaways for participants
- Expected length of presentation
Presenters are encouraged to attach a photograph and a bio at the time abstracts are submitted. Bios are limited to a maximum of 100 words. The goal of the presenter bio is to provide us with a high-level view of your career and your major accomplishments. Photographs and presenter bios will be included in our marketing materials.
Bio Guidelines (in word or pdf format)
- Full name, current job title and organization’s name
- Description of your role in the organization and the products/services it provides
- Highlights from your career as it relates to your current position
- Key civic activities and personal interests
- Degrees, certifications, awards, honors and authored publications
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
- Cropped head to shoulder in a medium close up shot
Company Logo Guidelines
- High resolution 300 dpi JPEG file
All submitters will be notified of acceptance by June 7, 2019.
Submitting the Full Presentation
PowerPoint Presentations should be submitted via email to: email@example.com. The subject line should read "2019 CIQS Presentation (Your Name)”.
- Full Presentations should be submitted no later than July 19, 2019
- Presentations should be saved with the following naming convention: Current Year, Underscore, Presentation Title, Underscore, First Initial and Last Name. (Example: 2019_CostManagementTechniques_JDoe)
FEES & PRESENTER BENEFITS
As a presenter for the 2019 CIQS Congress your conference registration for the day of July 26, 2019 is complimentary (up to two tickets per presentation). The registration includes access to the full day of technical presentations, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Additional benefits include access to the CIQS discounted room rates. CIQS does not pay presenters a honorarium or speaker fee. Presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses. Visit http://www.ciqs.org/english/congress for additional conference information.
TECHNICAL SESSION FORMATS
A variety of technical presentation formats are desirable at the conference and may include lecture format, panel presentation, or roundtable discussions. Handouts may be appropriate, depending on the complexity of the topic. Presenters are responsible for providing copies of workshop handouts and any equipment that will be used during presentation. Playback of PowerPoint presentations will be available for use during the technical sessions.
Abstract Submission Due: May 31, 2019
Acceptance Sent: June 7, 2019
Full Presentation Due: July 19, 2019